TB Guidelines:  U.S. Immigration, HIV, and Tuberculosis Screening and Treatment Information.  TB Guidlines

If you need to fill out an I-601 form waiver for TB immigration, please use this form and not the one on the attached guidelines:


Here is the link to the State Department website for Hague countries: http://adoption.state.gov/adoption_process/how_to_adopt/childeligibility.php

The child is under the age of 16 at the time Form I-800 is filed on his or her behalf (taking into account special rules on filing dates for children aged 15-16), is unmarried, and lives in a Convention country.  Since November 30, 2010, a child aged 16 or 17 may also qualify for Convention adoptee classification, provided he or she is a biological sibling of a child adopted, or who will be adopted, while under the age of 16 by the same adopting parents.  Note that if a child turned 18 on or after April 1, 2008 and is the biological sibling of a child adopted or to be adopted by the same adopting parents, the parents have until November 30, 2012 to file a Form I-800 petition with USCIS on the older sibling’s behalf

Here is the link for non-Hague countries: http://adoption.state.gov/adoption_process/how_to_adopt/nonhague.php

Age Limits – There are age limits on eligibility for adoptions and immigration, regardless of whether or not your state laws permit the adoption of older children (or adults). U.S. law allows the adoption and immigration of children who are under 16 years of age, with two exceptions:  (1) Biological siblings of a child adopted by the same parents may be adopted if under 18 years of age; and (2) Orphans over the age of 16 may be adopted as long as the I-600 petition was filed on their behalf before their 16th birthday (or before their 18th birthday in the case of an orphan who is the sibling of a child adopted or coming to be adopted by the same parents).  Parents should note that documentary requirements for filing the I-600 petition are somewhat different, depending on whether the petition is filed with USCIS or the Consular Officer.  USCIS officers may accept an I-600 with only the child’s birth certificate, and if not previously provided with the I-600A, proof of marriage of the petitioner (if applicable).  USCIS also permits a petitioner to submit copies of some documents in lieu of originals. Form I-600 petitions filed with Consular Officers, however, must have all required documentation at the time of filing, and such documentation must be submitted as originals.